Thursday, October 28, 2010

It's Silly Time Again!

SOOO sorry!  I get so busy out here in California that I neglect my blogging.  Life is pretty doggone busy!

But I need to show you this.  Did you see it up at the top of the page?  It's another SILLY time of year!

You think that looks strange?  Take a look at Grandma!


But the costume is for a good cause.  I wore it at the George Mark Children's House last weekend.  I visited the sick children, the well children, the parents, the hard-working staff... and even a miniature horse named Blackie!  Maybe I can show you a picture of Blackie one day.

 
This is a pretty special place.  Very sick children come here, and the staff people take care not only of them but also of the whole family.  They give the parents a chance to be parents to their children and not just care-givers!  Sounds like a good idea to me.  I wouldn't want my grandma to be too busy or worried to take care of me!  But I'm staying healthy, thank you very much.

Want to know more?  Check out

www.georgemark.org

You'll probably hear from me again when I have another, um, delightful costume to show off!